Saturday, July 25, 2009

Atlanta Home

We have been enjoying our little unemployment vacation since the move, and have managed to unpack most everything...though not everything has grown feet and walked to its proper place just yet. We love Ikea and have taken selveral trips already. Within two minutes of the house is downtown Decatur (which is an adorable little town), bank of America, Walmart, Aldi, Kroger, Zaxby's, movie theater. We like.
All the furballs have adjusted beautifully. They are most thankful for their giant lookout window in the living room where they can watch all the neighborhood action-country pets move to the big city and all. I start work this coming week, so I'm leaving Josh to finish up-wink wink. He still has a little while before classes start. Here are some before and after shots of what we've done so far.

Before After BeforeAfter Before
After


Before




After
Before


After



Before



After


5 comments:

Jenni said...

lookin good!!

Tina Davis said...

it looks great cant wait to come see it!!, lol it could be a while though depending on our current situation!

Mandy Rau said...

I'm so jealous of your creativity! I will be requesting your sense of style when it comes time for us to move ( one day...):) If you get a chance and you and Josh want a cool night out, go into Atlanta (Marcus just corrected me, its in Buckhead) and find this place called Dante's. It is just THE coolest place. It's fondue, but just go there and you will see what I mean!

Katelyn said...

Yes, my sense of "creativity" was centered around the concept of minimalism and light. Meaning the last house we were in accumulated too much crap, and had about two windows total. Therefore, I wanted bright white curtains on our MANY windows and the necessary furniture. Period. I haven't even put anything on the walls. All my picture frames are in boxes and will probably remain there. Josh put one up in the bedroom, I think. It's very nice. Small, simple, and cottage-y.

Katelyn said...

PS. I love Fondue!
and PPS. to Tina- Free room and board for an unemployment vacation!