Saturday, March 28, 2009

Better than Spaghetti Sauce

Hearty Porky Pasta Sauce
While trying to come up with a way to employ ground pork in a meal, low carb style, I basically started with spaghetti sauce in mind, and kept adding stuff to make it more filling, so I would eat less pasta. I ended up ditching the ragu altogether, and just adding a can of diced tomatoes. It was scruptious.
1lb ground pork
1 green pepper
1 onion
1 small can olives (I used minced because it's what I had)
1 can diced tomatoes
1 pkg fresh mushrooms sliced
olive oil
Oregano, italian seasoning (either/or)
s&p
parmegean cheese
Dreamfields low carb pasta (optional)
Dice onion and bell pepper to your liking. Brown pepper and onion in olive oil. Add pork and brown. Then I added the mushrooms to give them a little time to soften before adding the diced tomatoes. Finish by adding the tomatoes and olives. Let it simmer for 5ish minutes to get all the flavors melded together. Quite yummy. Add s&p to taste, and serve with parmegean cheese on top and low carb noodles on bottom. An alternative to plain old spaghetti.

1 comments:

Jenni said...

 Nice! And the new layout is sweet. I like.