Saturday, March 21, 2009

New Slipcovers












So after sitting on makeshift curtain slipcovers to keep the weimaraner's grimy paws off my white couch, I finally broke down and made some real slipcovers that didnt constantly slip off. I was aiming for a quirky arrangement of colors and patterns with the pillows and covers, but when the green fabric met the fluorescent lights it unexpectedly began to GLOW. So we will see if I can get used to it or have to chuck it a week from now. I'm not likin it at the present. I haven't done the pillows yet; i need a backing for them all. They are just draped over the old ones. The patterns will just be on the front. Not having matching patterns is something I always like when other people do it, but never seem to quite pull it off to my liking, myself. So, we will see if I can pull these off. Also, I always do something mindlessly stupid in every sewing project I take on. This time while I was cutting the excess material from the hem, I cut a V-shape in the fabric of one of the corners of the slipcovers that had already been sewn. So I tactfully put a piece of painter's tape on the back to hold it together and zigzag stitched it back together. It's going to be my new signature I think :)

2 comments:

Jenni said...

Very cute...i like that one pillow print alot. Where did you get it?

Katelyn said...

Joanns had bundles of 5 coordinating fabric squares for $10. None of which I liked all 5. So I mixed and matched the squares til I created one I liked. Which print are you talking about? The green and yellow one I actually found in the scrap material bin.