Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Dog Coat Finale

So, many layers later, the dog coat is complete, mostly. I ended up tweeking the pattern by adding about 6-7" to the belly section for reason of Greta's excessively barrel-like chest, but otherwise an easy pattern. I used Kwik Sew Pattern 3260-dog coat B. I liked it because it covered the belly as well as the back. The actual pattern is designed for a single piece of non-fraying heavyweight fabric. I, in reality, used four separate pieces of non-fraying material to adapt it to a heavy, snow, waterproof coat. I was trying to mimic the design I found on a website for heavy dog coats. I haven't attached the relector trim yet; I will probably add it to the collar in the end. I also ended up attaching a fleece strip with velcro underneath her chest, because the chest flaps kept bowing out when she moved, probably because the vinal is stiffer than the pattern meant for it to be. It worked great though. I recommend the pattern, I will probably end up making it as it is supposed to be made with the one piece of fabric for future sweaters for her.

1 comments:

Jenni said...

OMG!! It turned out perfect. I love it-- she is very chic. The turtle neck thing worked out great.