Monday, June 1, 2009

Homemade Magnetic Bookmarks

These dandy little things are very easy to make. they require the following:
1. Any type of magnet with sticky-back (and I ended up using glue anyway)
2. x-acto knife or scissors
3. ribbon or fancy paper of your choice
4. "dries clear" glue of your choice
With paper, you cut paper strip the exact width of magnet, because it will get fringy if it hangs over. Cut the length of the paper so that you can set the two magnet pieces about a quarter of an inch apart. That way, when you fold it over the page(s) it has room to bend. The paper only lasts so many folds. That's why I switched to ribbon. With the ribbon, I just folded under the ends and stuck it to the magnets with tacky glue. The End.
Supplies

Aye, see?


Tada!


Ooo, lala.

3 comments:

Tina Davis said...

well look at u! did u come up with this or did u steal it?

Katelyn said...

I bought some wizard of oz bookmarks that were similar magnet design, thinking the outlying material was metal, when if fact, it was glorified paper. What a rip off. So I decided I wasn't paying 5 dollars for four crappy little paper bookmark when I could make some that last more than a half a minute. But I love that they hold the page back for you while you read, and I never lose them because they are always stuck on my book.

Jenni said...

Very nice...i need some of these, but i have to go buy the magnet stuff. I like the book excerpt....